You may not be aware of the fact that the oral health actually determines your general health. One of the main parts of the procedure for maintaining oral hygiene is using mouthwash.
It reduces the presence of plaque, and at the same time it reaches and fights the bacteria that escaped the dental cleaning. That is actually the final step in the removal of bacteria and germs. In addition, it leaves the mouth clean and the breath fresh.
It is known that cavities might be cured with proper care and with a healthy diet.
The following are the advantages of using a homemade mouthwash:
- It is not expensive- You can make your own homemade mouthwash and still get amazing effects.
- You control the ingredients: You can remove the tartar with completely safe and all natural ingredients.
- No Chemicals: the commercial mouthwash products are full with numerous additives like harmful chemicals, preservatives, colorants, flavorings, and artificial sweeteners.
Today, we are going to reveal the recipe of a very effective, inexpensive, homemade mouthwash, which is based on baking soda, and is going to help you remove tartar and get a whiter and healthier smile.
Sodium bicarbonate is certainly one of the most potent cleansers and it can be used in many different ways, including for maintaining the oral hygiene.
It has powerful bleaching and stains removal properties; therefore it is often used for teeth brushing. In addition, it has antibacterial capacity which eliminates tartar and microbes as they are the cause of cavities and bad breath.
Here is how to prepare this mouthwash:
Ingredients that you will need:
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a cup hydrogen peroxide (hydrogen peroxide)
- One cup cold water
- Half a cup warm water
Instructions for preparation:
You need to mix the salt and baking soda, and then wet the toothbrush in a bit of warm water. Spread the mixture on it, and rub the teeth. Then, spit it. Do this procedure for two minutes.
Next, you need to mix the hydrogen peroxide with the warm water, and rinse the mouth for one minute with this solution. Expel it from the mouthwash.
In the end, with a toothpick remove the tartar from between the teeth. Rinse with cold water afterwards.
Repeat this twice a week. In addition, we recommend you to do oil pulling each day.
- For optimal oral health, you need to brush the teeth at least 3 times a day with good quality toothpaste.
- Remember that you should never swallow the mouthwash, because it might contain harmful ingredients.
- Spicy food stimulates the work of salivary glands, and the saliva naturally sanitizes the oral cavity.